Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Series of Unfortunate Events

I am not a graceful person. There is no getting around it. I fall. I don't pack for the correct weather. And I lock my self out. ALL THE TIME. It's just part of my being.

This weekend was no exception. I was home for a wedding and I decided to make my way to the YMCA for a swim. I haven't had a good swim in a while, and although it was probably nice enough to run outside, I just wasn't feeling it. I was sore from TRX on Wednesday and a swim sounded perfect.

So I went to the Y and signed myself in as a guest and made one mistake. I accepted the key to the adult woman's locker room. I am an adult woman, yes. But I usually just go to the family locker room. I know where it is, and I used it all the time when I went with my family, and there's nothing that says I can't. But this time, I decided I didn't need to do that. I'm an adult woman, and I can handle the big girl locker room. So I followed the signs to where the locker room is, and I even figured out how to get to the pool from there.


I had a nice swim. Nothing super special, but it wasn't terrible having not been in the pool for quite a while. It was after my swim when I went back to the locker room that I realized I needed that key for this door too. And of course I didn't have it. Luckily, the lifeguards did have a key and they saved the day, but I was fairly embarrassed. Not embarrassed enough to not take an awkward picture of myself in the locker room though!


You. Are. Welcome.

On Monday after spin class, I also thought I lost my keys. I spent a good 5 minutes on the sidewalk outside the gym rummaging through my bag trying to find them, but they were not there. So I went back into the locker room to see if I left them there. No such luck, so I dumped out my bag on the bench and there they were. Of course. Well as I packed up my bag, I turned and whacked my elbow on the corner of the locker, in which my keys were not. I now have an awesome bruise. 

And on Tuesday morning, I got a flu shot in the same arm with the bruise. I'm not always super smart. Especially because Wednesdays are TRX days, and a sore arm made it pretty difficult. Clearly not my week, but I'm in good spirits about it all. Mostly because it's all pretty damn funny and does not matter in the least, but also because it snowed yesterday and I got to work from home and eat a pomegranate.


instagram: maddieogren


Clearly, life is good, even with the bruises.


No comments:

Post a Comment