Monday, February 6, 2012

It's That Time Again

The time where I say it's been TOO long. And that I'm sorry. And that I've been so busy. And that I've not done any thing super exciting, but I'll catch you up on a couple things again. We have these times a lot. I'd probably say you might as well get used to it.

So what has happened since I went skiing? Well first, I did some bowling with my family, and I watched the Pats beat the Broncos and win the AFC championship.



Then, I went to Baltimore.


I visited my dear non-Welsh friend from Wales. We had a great time catching up, having some drinks, and stalking Charm City Cakes (I love Ace of Cakes, so I had to do it).


please excuse my pale legs. it's winter and i never actually get a tan anyway.
 Then, I spent a weekend at home alone. The hubs had a boys weekend of sorts, and after being busy the last couple weeks it was great to not do a whole lot of anything. I had dinner with my uncles, went for a run outside (I love that this winter has not forced me onto the treadmill all the often), locked myself out of my apartment, got let back into my apartment, and watched the Super Bowl. I don't want to talk about that part.

I also cooked and watched a lot of Mad Men (I'm just finishing up season one, so PLEASE do not ruin anything for me).

Yes, I cooked. I chopped veggies. I know. It's crazy. I pretty much never do either one of those things, but we had chicken sausage that needed to get cooked, so I made sausage, peppers, and onions to have for lunch this week.



It was exhausting. Well...it probably wasn't the cooking that made me tired. It was probably the run and the staying up to late watching TV. But Sunday (before I went out to watch my team get robbed), I enjoyed my Dunkin' Donuts coffee on the floor with my Mad Men, which I had to watch on my work computer because my beloved Mac is old school and cannot handle the software update required to stream Netflix. It was a depressing realization.


I knew if I sat on the couch I would be too comfortable to finish cleaning the apartment, and would watch too many more episodes, so the floor it was. It worked. The apartment is spotless.

Anyway, that about sums up the kind of interesting parts of life. Work is busy busy busy, which I love, but it doesn't leave much time for exciting dinners or workouts. I am starting the New Rules of Lifting this week though (about time, I've had the book forever), so stay tuned. That could make for some more juicy posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment