Friday, February 10, 2012

Outside

I am endlessly thanking the weather gods for this winter. It has barely been a winter compared to what New England is usually like, and I could not be happier. I do not live here because I love the weather. I do not live here because I like seasons and I look forward to each one. Nope. I live here because it's my home and I love my family. But if we had winters like this for the rest of my life, I'd be perfectly happy.

Because it's been so mild, I've been able to run outside. And I love it. It took me a LONG time to be ok with running in public. The bff had to drag me out onto the streets in college. I didn't want people to see me or see how horrible a job I was doing. But I've gotten over that. Mostly because I don't care what people think anymore...at least I'm out there, right? And because it's worth it for the scenery.

On Saturday evening, I had the pleasure of catching this sunset on my run.


And last night, I had this view of the city on a quick (read: not quick) three miler.

I know it's blurry, but you get the point.


I'm not a good cold weather runner at all, but maybe I can use this to convince myself to run tomorrow when the winter actually hits and we get snow...but maybe I'll just wait since this is the 10 Day forecast...



Can't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment