Sunday, January 22, 2012

Still Here!

Happy (belated) new year!!

Once again, it has been far too long since my last update. The days have been long and busy and I'm hoping that some upcoming changes at work will help me leave there at a decent hour and free up some of my at home time so I can update here more often.

Despite my schedule, I've been doing my best to keep up with healthy eating and exercising. I owe a lot of the exercising I've been doing to Jay and my friend, V. Jay and I have a running schedule that he has been great at holding me accountable for, it really is a great thing to have a 30-60 minute block of time 2-3 times a week where we can run off the day's stresses and spend some time together. My friend V and I have set up a schedule to go lift weights at the gym 3 days a week, knowing she is busy too and is still going to the gym to meet me keeps me going - I just won't bail on a friend. And the in-between sets chats are fun and definitely a motivator to show up! I really don't think I'd be exercising as much if it weren't for these two.

I'm going to the grocery store today so I can have all the ingredients I need to make healthy meals all week. Jay and used to do this every week but with such hectic weeks it seems that all we want to do Sunday is relax and clean house. It's time for some changes!

We're getting closer and closer to the big day! Jay and I took some time this weekend to register. Jay was a pretty good sport about it - he took a bad fall off his bike during a ride earlier in the day and was cut up, sore and limping around but didn't seem to mind my lengthy discussions about which silverware really fit our lifestyle. What a keeper!





I hope you're having a good weekend! Now it's time to do some meal planning and grocery shopping. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment