Saturday, April 23, 2011

She's a brick....YMCA?

This morning I found myself here:


This is the YMCA where I visited many times as a kid. I learned how to swim here, and I was even on the swim team one year. I trained for track in the off-season in high school here, and this morning I did a brick workout here!


It was raining and raining and raining here, so I decided early this morning to hit the gym. This YMCA has an indoor track, so I thought that would be more exciting that running on the treadmill. Turns out, it wasn't. The track isn't too big, so it was A LOT of going in circles. And there were kids there. I forgot what it's like to work out where kids are...and I can't say I had to much patience for it. The track did amuse me with all the motivational words on the walls. 



















Regardless of how annoying it was to run in circles, it was a pretty decent run. I don't know how far I went because I would have had to count a million laps per mile or something, so I just kept running. I did 25 minutes before I headed back to the locker room to prep for a swim.


This horrendous locker room picture was the only one I could take before my camera battery died again (hence all the outsourced pictures). I swam for another 25 minutes before I got out and dried off with the t-shirt pictured above. Apparently I'm dumb and forgot that not all gyms have a towel service and I probably should have packed my own. But I didn't. But I did have a good swim and got another awesome blackberry picture for you.



After another awesome workout (I'm feeling much better about the fitness path I'm on these days), I headed back to my Gram's to find my laundry done and all the fixings for a huge salad lunch ready and waiting for me. She's amazing.

Today I also set a huge goal for myself. To start off, I will tell you that I have never run farther than 3.1 miles. 5ks are the most I've ever ever done, but I can do it pretty regularly. This afternoon, while coloring  Easter eggs with my friend who lives in NY we were discussing this issue, and she suggested I run the yearly 5 mile road race held in my home town on 4th of July. Well I can't run the race that day because I already have plans for that weekend, BUT I did agree to run the course with her in June. YIKES! I know it probably doesn't seem like a big deal to most people, but for me that's going to be a huge deal. I'm already freaking out about it, but I know I can do it. It's not THAT much longer than a 5k, right? I said June because I need a few weeks to build up to 5 miles, but I'm actually really excited! I need to have something to push myself towards and although the tri is going to be amazing, it's still pretty far away, so this is a great goal much sooner. Hopefully I can do it!

HAPPY EASTER to all two of the BFF readers out there!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment