Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday

Today was wonderful. It finally felt like spring in MA and I got to spend a lot of time outside.

After church, I stood outside in the sun with my coffee while the hubs changed my gma's outside light bulb. I'm obviously super helpful when it comes to things like this.


After the chores had been done (I did clean the inside of the windows in my car...they were filthy), we headed to my dad's for dinner. It was far too nice out to stay inside while we waited for dinner to be ready, so I offered to take their polar bear dog for a walk. (The hubs came to but he played photographer today).


Taking her for a walk seemed to kill almost enough time to get to lunch...almost. But not enough, so I was starving by the time we actually ate and therefore ate too much. I hate when that happens. But the food was awesome. We had so much...bread, salad, wine, cheese, and fish, ham, AND lamb...because one protein is just not good enough for Jesus.


The fish was my favorite. It had a lobster meat and bread crumb topping that was delicious, but quite possibly made Easter a little less than fun for me. So the thing is, I cannot eat scallops (in Massachusetts it's pronounced sc-all-ups, not sc-al-ups, btw). I like the taste of them just fine, but they DO NOT sit well in my stomach. I have no idea why not, because I do not have an issue with any other seafood, but scallops are a no go. The majority of the fish made today actually had lobster and scallops in the bread crumb topping, but my dad made a little piece of fish for me with scallop-free topping, but cooked it in the same pan with the other fish. I loved it and ate the whole piece of fish they saved for me. But about 15 minutes into our drive back to Boston my stomach completely cramped up. NOT FUN in the car...or anywhere for that matter. Let's just say it worked out that we needed to stop for gas anyway...and I must have eaten even the littlest bite of scallop in my fish because there is nothing else in the world that makes me stomach act like that!

Needless to say, it ruined my plans for yoga tonight, but the warm weather was perfect for an evening walk with the hubs! Now it's time to straighten life out for tomorrow and head to bed. Back to the grind in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment