Thursday, March 20, 2014

Oat & Dairy Free B.Fast

Now that I know I have dairy and oat intolerances, I’m amazed at how many products, particularly breakfast related, have those items in their ingredient list. After being sick of hard boiled eggs and the same cereals, I’ve been forced to get creative. Here are a few of my recent favorites:

v  Toast with almond butter and raspberry preserves

v  Scrambled eggs with broccoli, salsa and any other veggies that are about to expire

v  Brown rice flour pancakes – I need to work on this recipe a bit more before I post it

v  Shakes – I had written these off because I didn’t want to buy the expensive lactose free protein powder but I’ve been making them without and they’re my favorite quick breakfast. I love that they’re filling and give me energy to make it through the day. Thanks to Maddie for the suggestion!!

Here’s today’s shake recipe:

1 Cup Spinach*
1 Cup Frozen Fruit (I love the Antioxidant blends that include berries and cherries)
1 Tbsp Almond Butter
1-1   ½ Cups of Almond/Coconut Milk  (my favvvvv)

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend away! Serve in an awesome glass.


*I bought a bundle of spinach, blended it with a little water and froze in an ice cube tray. I like having spinach on hand for these shakes and other recipes as well as not having to let leftover spinach go to waste. I do not recommend doing as I did and pouring it in the same ice cube tray as your frozen cilantro…the two look awfully similar but cilantro breakfasts shakes are not nearly as delicious.

Happy Thursday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment