Tuesday, February 14, 2012

That Sh*t Cray

Hi. My name is Maddie, and I think I've lost my mind.

On Saturday I ran four. No just four miles, but four miles in the snow.


Yup. It wasn't terribly cold, but it was wet and snowy. They were some decent miles though.

sweaty and snowy. #hot
This made me feel like I rock, so I decided to sign up for a half marathon. Yeah. Me. The girl who has never run more than 6 miles (and that barely counts because it was a terrible run). The girls who has confessed to not love running completely. It definitely seems like I've lost it.

Well. A lot went into me deciding on a half marathon, actually. First, I've been in need of a goal. I am planning on doing a tri again, but probably not until September. And I cannot for the life of me do the NROLFW...it's just not happening.

So I've been thinking about it for a while. But I never really was set on it. I had a possible half marathon goal for the May 2013 Zoo Run when my running friend Lou is back in the states, but even that was only a pipe dream. Until this weekend.

On Friday I had dinner with my awesome friend Emma. She's signed up to run the Chicago marathon in October! We talked about how training is crazy, but it's exciting. And it got me thinking some more about my own running plans. And the on Saturday I ended up wearing my sister's old BAA 1/2 Marathon shirt around my gma's house all day because I was doing my own laundry. And then at family dinner on Saturday night I mentioned to my sister that I was thinking about doing a half marathon. She said she wouldn't suggest the BAA because it's hilly, but that the Run to Remember was around the city and in May.

And that was it. I signed up.


So now I've worked out a training plan...and it leaves room for my crazy travel schedule coming this spring, and basically it will get me through so I can finish the race. I am going to work on goals for it eventually....but right now I'm still kind of in shock that I'm even signed up. I needed to be able to push myself and I'm actually really excited about this, so I think it's going to be just what I need.

We'll see in a couple of weeks though when I have to run more than 4 miles at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment