Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday, Plan Day

It's Sunday night, so that means it's time to get ready for the new week! I'm going to Atlanta Thursday and Friday for work, so it's short week planning, which is nice, but also annoying. I haven't fully unpacked from Pittsburgh last weekend (because I hate unpacking. And putting away laundry or dishes), so I am kind of just repacking. Luckily, Johnny was good enough to go to the grocery store so I could stay in my pjs and think about planning for the week. I came up with a new plan for myself too, which is exciting, but first...

This weekend was an at-home weekend for the first time in a while, which was really nice. The VT cousins came down with their adorable baby to spend the weekend with us, and we had a grand old time. Yesterday, we went to the aquarium!



I haven't been to the aquarium in a long time, so it was actually pretty fun to check it out again. I bought a LivingSocial deal a couple weeks ago, so admission was only $8 an adult instead of $23! We always talk about going when the VTers are in town, but we've never really been interested in spending $50 a couple to go. This deal popped up and I jumped right on it, and it was well worth it! I was most excited about the newly added shark and ray touch tank! I couldn't wait to get my hands in the tanks. No sharks came my way, but I touched a bunch of rays and it was SO cool. (Obviously I am a dork sometimes).


Much to our pleasure, the weather yesterday and today was absolutely wonderful. It's hard to believe that it's the middle of November right now. We walked a whole lot over the weekend, adding a few miles to my Pile on the Miles total for this week! (We did walk back and forth from a new fro-yo place, but it still counts!)

SO back to my new plan. Remember how I said I'm going to run 5 miles on Thanksgiving? Yup? Ok. Well I still absolutely plan on doing it. But I've one-upped myself. Not only will I be doing 5 miles on Thanksgiving, but I'll be going a 10k the first weekend in December! I know it might seem slightly crazy, but I KNOW I can do it, it's just a matter of making myself do it.

I got on this kick to do a 10k after I got an email from my dear friend who lives on the other other side of the world asking me if my 5 mile plans meant I had 10k plans. Well, at first it definitely didn't. But as soon as she mentioned it, I got it stuck in my head. So I decided to commit to it. First, I looked up a training plan through Runner's World.


I wanted to make sure it was even reasonable. I know it's going to be pushing myself, but that's definitely the point. Seeing what Runner's World spit out, I definitely feel confident. My pace is a bit faster than what they've got me training at, so I know it won't kill me. And, I recruited my sister to run with me. She's great about running at my pace with me and pushing me a little harder, so right after I looked up this plan I texted her to make sure I'd have a partner in crime.


So it's done! It's happening, and I just hope I'm ready in a few short weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment