Thursday, November 17, 2011

Southern Hospitality

I'm posting tonight from the comfort of a giant Hampton Inn bed. I'm down south, just outside Atlanta, Georgia, where much to my dismay, it does not live up to it's nickname, Hotlanta. It was chilly and windy today!

I'm down here for work. My company has an office down here and I have some biz to take care of, so I'm down just until tomorrow. It will be a fast trip, but a good one, I hope! I started out pretty exhausted this morning, because I went to a Foo Fighters concert last night! A friend of mine couldn't go due to an impromptu business trip, so he offered me the ticket. I only took junky pictures with my phone, but it was at the Boston Garden and it was LOUD. My right ear is still ringing, but it was wonderful.


Needless to say, I was asleep before we even took off from Boston this morning (I had a 7am flight)!

This week has been a good one already though. On Monday, I took advantage of the warm weather and went for a run outside. It's hard to believe it was 60 degrees! I did 3 miles and was pretty happy with it.

Don't mind the booze in the background, the mirror just happens to be next to the bar.
And tonight I busted out four miles on the treadmill! It was a TERRIBLE UGLY SAD four miles. I almost quit after 2.5. I even stopped the janky hotel treadmill, but I knew I'd be disappointed with myself if I didn't finish what I set out to do. I haven't run on the treadmill in a while and I think I was just bored. I took a picture of the tiny hotel gym, but apparently I deleted it. Instead I have this awkward hotel lobby picture!

hey there crazy eyes. And yes, I am wearing the same t-shirt as Monday, but I had long sleeves under it before :)
After my terrible run/walk (at least it happened, right?) I needed dinner stat. There are quite a few places around my hotel, but I had something in mind.


I've heard so much about Publix and their awesome subs, when I passed it on the way into the hotel, I knew it would be my dinner (plus, it's less weird to have a sub to go for dinner than to sit at a restaurant by myself). I was only moderately impressed with the sub though. It was pretty generic, and they had no more wheat bread. But I did get an apple to go with it, which was good and crunchy!


I'm exhausted and very much enjoying this comfy bed. And, Overboard is on TV! I love this movie. But I'm quiet happy with the week and am really looking forward to the weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment