Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pardon the Interruption

I'm going to interrupt the regular program of food and fitness just for a moment to show you some pictures of my fantastic weekend. (Not that we ever blog on a regular schedule, but the following has has no fitness involved and is just for fun!)

On Saturday my friends and I took a road trip to Maine. It was only a day trip and we have a specific location in mind.


Oh yes, we got our red neck on and went wedding dress shopping. And it was SO much fun. And my friend bought the most perfect wedding dress ever. And there was hunting gear involved (not in the wedding dress, just in the day).


After the dress fest and some serious amount of orange, we headed back down to the city. We were supposed to have a girly sleepover, but plans changed and we played poker for pennies instead. I did not win. Bummer.

On Sunday, the Pats played the Bills. They also did not win. But we have a good time watching the game with our New York loving friends. I made oatmeal raisin cookies.


And the hubs made bubbly water! Since we drink far too much diet soda/seltzer water, the hubs decided it was best to invest in the contraption that actually makes the bubbles. It's like the soda stream, but my science loving man is more of a DIY kind of guy, so we have an air tank and hoses under our sink now. Totally worth it if you ask me.


And yesterday, I had a very proud moment. Let me preface. I am very independent and self-sufficient, but I cannot cook and I know nothing about my car. I am the kind of girl who has to take a guy with her to the mechanic because I will pay for things that don't exist because I don't know better. And my father replaces my windshield wipers for me because I don't know how to take mine off. BUT. YESTERDAY. Yesterday I changed the headlight in my car all by myself!


Oh heck yes. I clearly got very dirty in the process, but I needed my light replaced so I can pass Massachusetts State inspection, and I was the only one around to do it. So I read my owners manual (which was surprisingly unhelpful) and although it probably took me far longer than it would someone else, I did it. And I'm proud of myself. :)

It's the little things in life, right?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I think it is super important to know how to do simple maintenance on your car...I mean, you never know, right? haha I need some lessons myself! I would love to learn how to change a tire.

    awesome your friend found a weddng dress... but did she really buy it at Hussey's? haha LOVE maine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really did! Who would have ever thought, right? They had a fairly good selection though, and the prices were amazing :)

    ReplyDelete