Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Down for the Count

This weekend I partied. Nothing super crazy, but I drank more than usual, danced my butt off, and didn't sleep enough. It was a BLAST. I wouldn't trade any moment of it, even though I know I didn't make the healthiest choices. I was celebrating an upcoming wedding of someone that means a lot to me, and I was not about to hold back. 

Flattering picture, I know. 
Because I partied like a rock star this weekend, I'm paying for it now. My lack of sleep has caused me to be nursing a cold instead of any more vodka sodas.


I took that picture at work this morning, but I didn't make it through the whole day. I'm now at home, in sweats, having more tea. I can count on one hand the number of times I've called in sick or gone home early sick, so it took a lot for my to realize it just had to happen. I share a small office with two other people and it's not fair of me to cough all over the room and spread my germs when I really don't feel up to being in the office anyway. 

I left work at lunch time, so when I got in I sat down to my already prepped for today lunch. Salad and corn bread with a side of Vitamin Water and Dimetapp.


I meant to get Vitamin Water Zero (it was right next to this one, so I just grabbed the wrong one) because I don't like to drink calories (unless it's booze, as proven above), but I didn't notice until I was taking a picture of it, and I need the vitamin C, so I'll suck it up for today. And yes, I am taking children's Dimetapp. It says right on the label that adults can take it, and it was the best option for my symptoms.


I also take Flinstone vitamins everyday, so clearly I've come to terms with being an adult.

I wanted to go to the gym today for a work out and to get my new gym ID, but I'm not sure how that's going to work out. I had an awesome 4.5 mile walk last night, which I think helped me sleep well (or as well as one can when they can't breathe out of their nose), but I'm feeling pretty terrible, and I really don't want the "I'm sick and snotty and my nose is red from blowing it so much" look to be the one I sport on my ID. We'll see how I feel after an afternoon of napping/watching Mad Men from the comfort of my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment