Thursday, August 18, 2011

What's Better?

What's better than a 10 mile solo ride on Sunday?

 (yes, I know I'm not very fast on the bike. This is a judgement-free zone.)

A Wednesday night ride with friends!


Last night, two of my friends and I took advantage of the nice weather and went for a ride (Don't worry, Lindz has already been yelled at for not having a helmet). It worked out perfectly that the three of us could make it happen, and we rode around South Boston and Castle Island for about an hour (I had issues remembering to start and stop my Garmin so I'm not exactly sure the stats). It was the perfect weather and it was nice to have riding buddies! It wasn't exactly a training ride, but it was fun! And sometimes the most important thing about exercise is making it fun. I kind of hate doing it in the first place, so might as well make it as much better as possible, right? (Yeah I did just say I hate exercising...and yes, I do mean it. Feeling like I'm going to die on a regular basis is not my cup of tea. Do I love how I feel afterwards? Yes, I do. Which is why I keep putting myself through the torture).

Life is a little crazy right now because the hubs and I are getting ready to move! We're just moving to a new apartment a few blocks away, but having lived in our place for three years, we have a lot of stuff. So our current apartment kind of looks like a bomb went off in it. Why do things always have to get messier before they get organized and clean?

I'm hoping to get a run in tonight before heading home to the disaster zone...I'll report on that tomorrow. But before I go, I just have to said that I would move to Maine for the blueberries alone. There is nothing like fresh, organic, Maine blueberries. Nothing.


No comments:

Post a Comment