Thursday, August 4, 2011

Vacay Recap

For being unemployed I sure haven't posted very much! I actually didn't realize how little I've posted until I read the BFF's post and she mentioned that we posted 7 times in July!

July was definitely a crazy month - training, posing, fittings, workouts, meal planning and trying to keep it all together. The good news is August is going to be a bit more relaxed and full of activities that I've been missing out on. I had read so many times before that training for one of these fitness competitions tends to affect one's social life and I wasn't sure how that would work but I was optimistic. During my experience, I did notice the impact- I no longer wanted to go out to meet with friends for drinks because a) I couldn't drink and b) I was afraid if everyone wanted to munch I would be so tempted to cheat on my strict diet so I didn't go out very often. For the same reasons, I didn't go to the movies (snacking on fish during a movie just didn't seem so appealing) or do very much because i was so afraid I'd mess up my diet. I know that a lot of people have the self control to go and do these things without affecting their diet, but I was so scared that I wouldn't be that strong so I chose to stay at home. I'm happy with results of sticking to my diet and training plan but I am so happy to being catching up with friends over New Mexican food, making plans to grab a glass of wine and scheduling a movie date with my fiance!


The San Diego trip was an overall awesome vacation. We stayed in a condo with my parents and sister just across the street from the beach (Sam Adam's Summer in a blue plastic cup accompanied me on many of these quick walks to the beach). Jay and I nicknamed our room the Butthole Bungalow simply because of this lamp...We ate great seafood, In-N-Out burgers and I finally ate the three things my diet missed so badly: cereal + milk + fruit!! It was delightful!! Clearly I had already eaten most of this serving before I remembered to take a photo.

I didn't think that I would be motivated to get back to exercising right away, surprisingly by Monday morning I was ready for a run. I think the sites had something to do with it!
We also sat on the beach, enjoyed the sunshine and played in the water. I think this sums of the great times on the beach had by all....


My goals this month are to blog at least 2-3 times each week and to do some level of exercise (running, walking, zumba, weight lifting, etc.) for 1 hour each day, with at least 1 day of rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment