Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Goal Update

We kicked off the weekend with a date night! After sharing some apps at Chama River (seriously, they have the best green chilie fondue and I love their blackberry pear mojitos) we watched The Change Up- it was okay, I didn't like some of the jokes at the beginning of the movie and the people next to me kept playing with their phone and talking. Jason had a big run planned for Sunday morning so we had a low key Saturday and cooked up a big pot of spaghetti. We cooked whole wheat pasta and added in Ragu Garden Vegetable sauce, garlic, mushrooms (a natural anti-inflammatory) and some home grown squash! Delish! And guess what else I finally was able to do last weekend?? Go to an Isotopes baseball game!!


I clearly didn't meet my goal of posting 2-3 times last week but I'm going to try again this week, after all, it was a month long goal so I can't give up! I am doing so well with working out an hour each day, I haven't made it 1 full hour each and every day but I'm getting close. Here's what I have done as far as workouts so far:


  • Sunday - Walked about 2 miles (side note: while on this walk I saw the creepiest creature, it was part spider, part scorpion and part beast!! It stood about 2" tall and was about 5" long the walk became a jog after that sight)

  • Monday - Completed a 45 minute treadmill run*

  • Tuesday - 15 minutes of treadmill cardio and a 30 minute leg circuit workout

  • Wednesday - 10 minutes of treadmill cardio and about 35 minutes of weight lifting on back and biceps

So I thought it'd be fun to share this treadmill workout with you. I do this at least once a week because it changes every few minutes so I don't get bored and it allows me to select the incline and speed so I can challenge myself depending on how I feel that day. I haven't tried it, but I bet this would be even great on a stationary bike or walking.
* I believe this came from here and it looks like this:



  • Minutes 0-5 Warm Up

  • Minute 5-6 Increase Speed and Incline 2 Increments Every 15 Seconds

  • Minute 6-7 Stay at this Level

  • Minute 7-8 Decrease Speed and Incline 2 Increments Every 15 Seconds

  • Minutes 8-12 Moderate Run

  • Minutes 12-13 Increase Speed and Incline 3 Increments Every 20 Seconds

  • Minute 13-14 Stay at this Level (you can do it!!)

  • Minute 14-15 Decrease Speed and Incline 3 Increments Every 20 Seconds

  • Minutes 15-20 Moderate Run

  • Minutes 20-23 Increase Speed and Incline

  • Minutes 23-28 Moderate Run

  • Minute 28-29 Increase Speed and Incline 2 Increments Every 15 Seconds

  • Minute 29-30 Stay at this Level

  • Minute 30-31 Decrease Speed and Incline 2 Increments Every 15 Seconds

  • Minute 31-36 Moderate Run

  • Minute 36-39 Increase Incline (Feel the burn!)

  • Minute 39-45 Cool Down

Happy Wednesday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment