Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Repeat Offender

Today, I was awesome. (This blog is supposed to be upbeat and motivational right? So I'm just going to throw it out there because I just felt great today).

Today I was planning on going to the gym to run on the treadmill, but after I made a quick trip to the post office during lunch, I decided a run outside was in order. The weather was PERFECT! Warm, but not hot, cloudy and not humid. It had to happen. So, I suited up and went to a track close to work.


It was a pretty painful run (since I haven't actually run in quite a while) BUT I did it! I did a mile, then I walked 100m and sprinted 100m for another half mile. Then I ran the last 1/2 mile. It took longer than I was hoping it would, but like I sai. I DID IT. AND TODAY I'M AWESOME. And sweaty.


The lighting in this picture does not do my redness and sweatness justice. I was GROSS. haha In the best way possible. I had an orange on the way home to refuel and refresh.


So one reason I'm not awesome today: I am a repeat workout clothes wearer. This is generally not bad because honestly I'm not that smelly a person. Today, however, I smelled like fish. Monday night after spin class, Johnny made me fish tacos. And I sat around the house while he cooked them and I ate them, and then I packed those same clothes to run today. And I stank. haha another good reason for running outside today.

And today was awesome because I helped celebrate the birthdays of two friends on mine. It was too hot to bake, so we have Ben and Jerry's frozen yogurt!


The pretty lady on the right is Lindz. She went to school with Mari and me, but she's also from Massachusetts, so I get to hang out with her always :) Today, she got a bike for her birthday. She was as giddy as a little kid!


She's the only member of our gang without a bike, so now she can join in our group rides! The first one will be the week after next. I'm pumped!

Here's to hoping for another awesome day tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment