Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Snack Attack

I'm having a tough time learning to snack. I've never had a problem before but since going through the competition I find myself feeling incapable of snacking. For 16 weeks I stuck to the show diet which was made up of 4 small meals (mostly protein based) and no snacking, so am I going through a case of "don't use it, you lose it" and I've lost my ability to snack??

Here's the specifics on the situation...Every morning I eat a bowl of bran flakes with a banana or strawberries. A few hours later I am a little hungry, not hungry enough to eat lunch but in need of a little something. And I start to panic. I almost feel guilty for wanting to snack and have found myself convincing myself that I don't need it even though I know that I'm hungry. I don't know how to overcome this inner battle. Is it something I will just get over? Yesterday was probably the best day I've had since completing the competition, I was hungry in between meals and served myself a handful of Wheat Thins and fresh cut watermelon and it was perfect- light, salty, crunchy and sweet; however, today was a different story and I was back to this new found level of insecurity.

Are there maybe some healthy snacks you could recommend? Maybe if I know I have healthy snacks planned, I'll ease up on the guilt? Maybe I should try going back to meal planning but scheduling those snacks so it feels more normal? I know it isn't healthy to feel so badly and I want to make a change before this develops into a bigger issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment