Monday, August 1, 2011

How Did It Get to be August?

Seriously, what happened to July? We only posted 7 times in July and now the month is over. Crazy! Time flies when you're having fun (or when you're not on the healthy living bandwagon and have nothing to post about in my case lol).

August started well today. I got my behind handed to me in spin class and it hurt so good. I haven't been to spin in a while, and it was nice to get back in the saddle (pun totally intended). My mother-in-law is here and she was supposed to come with me. She ended up being too tired from traveling and didn't come which made me feel like an ass because I signed her up for the class, therefore taking a spot someone else could have had. All the spin classes at the gym require early sign-up now, so if I can't make it I always call back and say I won't be there, but I didn't know until just before class this time. Any thoughts on proper gym etiquette when it comes to sign-ups?

Since getting back from New Mexico things have been nutso. My sister-in-law is staying with us all by herself, and although it's been fun, it's been hard. 10 year old require a lot of attention. The little free time I had is even littler! She's been going to work with the hubs in the morning, and then having fun in the afternoon, and this weekend we did a little traveling around New England too.

My grandfather turned 89 yesterday, so we had a party! He broke his hip and (much more recently) his arm this year, but he still wanted to party. And at 89, you get to celebrate for sure!


My cousin was there with her daughter who is now 10 months old! I still love babies, but I still don't want one yet. Sorry folks!

(Doesn't she have awesome hair? And yes I wear that gray dress all the time. It's comfortable and I'm not too much of a shorts fan. Don't judge).

The highlight of this past week was actually on Friday. I took part in something new! I'll give you one hint...


Yup! I went golfing! My company had an annual golf outing, so this year I joined in the fun and played a full 18 holes of golf! I had a ton of fun and really enjoyed getting out of the office and playing for the day. I was TERRIBLE, but it was played in the "Best Ball" style, so there really only had to be one good person on each team. I'm already looking forward to next year! Here are a couple action shots (thanks to the guy in the office who played photographer for the day).



I had a hell of a time finding a light blue polo to match the rest of my team, and I HATED the one I wore (I was pretty uncomfortable/self conscious most of the day), but it was about having fun! And I really did! Plus...not to toot my own horn or anything, but I think my calves look pretty good! (Focus on the good stuff, right?) :)

And here's to a great, happy, healthy month!

1 comment:

  1. I was going to post a comment about how great your calves looked but was worried you'd think I was a creep...so glad you notied it too! Best Creeper Friends Forever!

    ReplyDelete