Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Old Habits Die Hard

It's been another few days of on and off. One day I work out really well and stick to good, healthy foods, and another day I'm all over the place. It's a work in progress. I don't know what caused me to all of a sudden feel/be so out of control. I spent a looongggg time working on making good habits, and to just throw them out makes me REALLY annoyed. BUT I'm working on it...and I'm getting those good habits back. Yesterday I had a great brick workout and I've done a great job tracking my food in the last two days. I have a few mini-goals for the week, but first, I must share about my weekend!

Although it was not exercise-filled, it was really fun. I went to VT for the annual Vermont Brewers Festival. It's our third year going and it did not disappoint! We even had an extra addition to our crew this year, baby Brynn! She's so amazingly perfect and I love her. I'm so glad I finally got to meet her and hold her!





I ended up with a sunburn from the Brew Fest, despite putting sunscreen on THREE TIMES. It wasn't a bad burn, and I think it's probably because I was so sweaty the sunscreen just didn't stay on. Nevertheless, I had a great time. After the brew fest we went down to the water front to see the sunset. It was a perfect night, until the sun went down and we got eaten alive by bugs!




We made it home Sunday night after sticking around to watch the (tragic) Women's World Cup finals and battling traffic in New Hampshire (turns out there was a NASCAR race in NH this weekend and we left at the same time as all the hicks).


ANYWAY. Now that this is the longest post ever, let me get onto my mini-goals for this week. I have three. And I think they are all pretty darn do-able.

1. Track EVERYTHING I eat. No guess, no doing the math in my head (my hubs can do calculus without a calculator, but I need a pen and paper to do my simple addition. And I need to just own that and do it).

2. Exercise at least 5 days. I had a great workout last night, but it doesn't count for this week (because my weigh-ins are on Tuesdays, so life works Tuesday to Tuesday), so 5 days of great workouts.

3. Drink more water! I don't drink enough water. Ever. I drink 1 cup of coffee a day, and 1 can of diet coke. That won't change (I love diet soda, I do not care if you think it's bad for me), but I know I need to add more straight-up water to my life.

These are the small steps I'm going to take to get myself in a better place. Number 2 might be hard since I'm traveling this weekend, but I have a feeling I'll be able to stay on track since I'M GOING TO NEW MEXICO!!!!!! Wooooooo! That's right, the BFF and I will be hanging out this weekend!! We have not seen each other since October! So, for the first time ever, there will be pictures on the blog of us together! Get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment