Friday, June 17, 2011

TGIF

I'm so happy it's Friday. I know I've posted about my love of Friday before, but today I am especially happy to be done with the work week!

This week has been crazy. I had something to do every night after work, and I chose to put my social life before my fitness and food goals. Although I really enjoyed all the things that I did, I am not happy with all the choices I made.

The hubs and I had a chat about this tonight, and it's been on my mind for a while...basically since I got back from Chicago. I had a week of not being able to eat normally, and then this week, were I went out too much and had little time to exercise. I don't have balance in my life right now, and I need to even myself out. I need to prioritize my life, and honestly, fitness needs to be way at the top.

I have a triathlon in just 12 weeks! That seems like a long way away, but it's really not. Back when I signed up for the triathlon, I chose a 13 week training plan. I knew it would be enough time to get me where I want to be on race day without burning out. Well this was week 13 and I didn't do anything. MAJOR FAIL. So I've changed it to a 12 week training plan and I'm going to rock it.

Today, I did get out for a run. Not surprisingly, it sucked. I haven't booted up the Garmin and run since I was in Chicago. (For those of you counting, it's TWO WEEK AGO). My first mile was AWESOME. Fastest mile I've ever run actually, butttttt that was it. I was done. I managed to bang out another mile and a half, but there were some walk breaks involved, and it was just a hot mess. Here's the proof:


Sexy, I know. You know what else is sexy? This guy:


I bet you're asking, what on earth is that thing? A refrigerator? A car engine? A space ship? Nah...it's our new GIANT air conditioner. We got a sweet deal on this beast, so we couldn't pass it up. It's going to be interesting to get it into our window, but I'm pretty excited to have it. We've never had an AC before and we've dealt with some hot hot days here in Boston.

So here's to a better week, and a better balance!

No comments:

Post a Comment