Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sore Legs and Gummy Bears

This weekend has been go go go! Friday after work, I got home, did a quick change, and was out the door for dinner. We were hoping to find seats at a place with outdoor seating, but since it was such a nice day we didn't have any luck. We ended up inside, but the food was still good! After waiting for the bus home for what felt like forever, the hubs and I made it home and crashed hard.

Saturday I was up and at 'em right away. I hit strength class followed by a 60 minute spin class. I brought my camera to document the sweaty event, but I of course didn't actually take any pictures. That's the theme for the weekend, fyi.

After the mega gym sessions, I shopped with my sister for a while, before coming home for a late lunch and making a cake for Pride. For the last three years, I've made a fabulous rainbow cake as my contribution to the party. I didn't take a picture, but this is the one I made last year...same idea this year :)


I went right from the party, over to the NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK/BACKSTREET BOYS CONCERT!!!!! Although I didn't want to leave the party, the concert was amazing! Mark Walbergh introduced the bands, and I sang at the top of my lungs to all the sounds. I felt like I was 15 and swoony over boy bands all over again.



It ended up POURING rain, so I was soaked with a hoarse voice by the end of the night. I'm so glad I got the chance to go!

I was up again this morning for the NStar Walk for Children's Hospital. This is my third year participating in the event, and the third year that it has been raining! This year was a little rough because I dropped my keys, ID, and bank card at one point. Once I noticed I started back in the other direction. I found my keys and someone found my bank card and gave it to one of the volunteers, but my ID is gone. Oh well! That's the least important in my mind! It was a long 7+ miles, but I was happy to have been able to be a part of it again.



This weekend I asked my body to do a lot. I pushed myself hard, and now I'm enjoying some time relaxing with tea and gummy bears. I think at this point my body deserves it! I think I'll update iTunes while I'm at it too :)


I wish Monday wasn't tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment