Friday, June 24, 2011

H2O For The B-O-D-Y

TGIF!



I cannot believe how fast this week went by. So I tried to post 2 times this week and one day forgot my camera and I didn't want to blog another post without photos and the next day I forgot the green plug in to transfer photos from the SD card to the laptop. Fail! Sorry. To make up for it I do have a pretty lengthy and full of photos post for you!


Last Friday's secret date was a picnic + tickets to the Zoo Music. The ABQ Zoo does this amazing event every Friday night in the summer where they have a different band perform and everyone sets up their blankets, lawn chairs, picnics on the beautiful grassy area in front of the stage. Considering I'm on a diet and Jay is not, it was a little tough coming up with a fun picnic menu that we could both enjoy. Eventually, I came up with cool crisp veggies & hummus and adult lunchables (deli sliced turkey breast, roast beef and chicken breast) and some light Havarti. Yum!


Have you tried the La Croix waters? I have been seriously hooked on these things for about a year now, we even have a mini fridge in our garage that has to be restocked weekly! They are delicious, bubbly and have NO sodium, calories, sugar, etc. - just straight up naturally flavored water. I thought the orange and lemon were my favorites, until this week when I found the new flavor...COCONUT!!!! It is beyond amazing. A second trip to Target was made this week to buy more but our Target only had 1 box left!! I was rationing all week until I had time to visit another Target and bought their La Croix coconut water stock.I had an amazing full body circuit workout with my trainer on Wednesday. My legs are SO sore! We did squats, lunges, push-ups, crab walks! I'm still pretty nervous for the show but after an awesome workout like that and a great cardio session yesterday, I'm feeling the motivation that I was missing last week. My diet changed a lot this week- it is pretty tough but I'm holding to it. One of the big changes is that I have to drink 1 gallon of water a day. See this bottle I'm holding in the pic below?One gallon is 4 1/2 of those bottles!! Let me tell you, if I had a penny for every time my bladder sent me racing down the halls- well I'd have a dime (and it's only been one day so far!). By the way, my hair isn't THAT big, that's my pup lounging on the couch behind me.


My current food mission is to add protein to my morning oatmeal without it looking like this:


It tastes as bad as it looks. I'm not sure if it's the "frosty chocolate" protein or what. Maybe I'll eat the oatmeal separate and drink my protein with water?


It's interesting how much my tastes have changed with my diet. In the beginning, I thought organic almond butter tasted like the beach sand stuck in someone's bathing suit bottoms (not that I've eaten that but one could imagine) and now I love it! I actually look forward to eating it everyday and am a little sad my jar is now empty.Please ignore the messy hair- I didn't spend much time on it this morning because I'm going to the gym during lunch!


We're off to do some camping this weekend and I'll be making my first attempt at mountain biking- if I don't break my arms doing so, I'm sure I'll have a great post for you after it!

No comments:

Post a Comment