Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pants on Fire

Ok, so I lied. I am not blogging from VT. The weekend got away from me, and before I knew it I was driving back home. So this post if from Boston, but will recap my weekend.

Friday started off complicated. As I mentioned, my brother was not allowed to graduate. There was question about whether or not he'd be able to participate in the graduation ceremonies, but by Friday afternoon we knew it was not happening. Because of this, most of my family chose not to spend the weekend in VT. Their loss if you ask me! I still planned to go up, because brother's graduation or not, my mom lives there and I haven't seen her in over a month, and I don't know when I'll have the chance again. No big deal, except that I was planning on leaving from work, and the hubs and my sister were to ride from Boston to VT with my uncle. But my uncle was no longer coming. SO I had to drive the hour back to Boston, and then three hours up to my mom's. It was a traffic-free ride (so unheard of) and having the company was much better than driving alone and we crashed very soon after we got up there.

Saturday we woke to clouds, but the rain was holing off. We took the time to hit the farmers market and pick out some stuff for lunch. There were tons of yummy samples, and flowers, and I bought myself a deliciously fresh-brewed ice tea. Only the sun could have made it better!

The hubs bought his parents one of those mondo bottles of syrup, and a huge block of cheddar cheese. He's going out to visit them on Thursday (for my brother-in-law's graduation), so it was perfecting timing to get some gifts. After successful shopping, we heading home for lunch. I LOVE love love eating at my mom's. She's a natural food nut, and the stuff in her house is always so healthy and fresh. Lunch was green salad, topped with a black bean and corn salad, and fresh bread with hummus.

After lunch I set out with my sister for a four mile run. I really want to up my mileage this week, even if it mean I ran slowly. My mom even joined us for the run, which made me super happy because I've never run with my mom before, and she doesn't ever really run, so it was a super special girls run (I am a cheese ball, I know). Well let me just tell you that 4 miles did not happen. 2 miles barely happened. I don't know if I ate something bad or if I ran too soon after eating, but I ended up having to sprint home to the bathroom. Probably TMI, so sorry about that, but it totally ruined my run. My aunt had a similar issue while out taking a walk after lunch, but everyone else seemed fine, so we decided it was the timing in which we started getting moving after lunch.

I spent the rest of the day lazing around and reading my new issue of Triathlete Magazine (thanks, BFF!). This morning started early since my aunt wanted to head out, and my mom was on call for work starting at 10am. We packed up the car, including a special new bike! Well, it's not's old...and it's my mom's, but it's new to me! I didn't think to take a picture of it stuffed in the back of my car, but I'm so happy to have it!

We took a rainy drive home, but stopped at the Longtrail Brewery on our way home. Unfortunately, they didn't have a real tour, but we had lunch and sampled some beers.

I love that the samples come in a muffin tin. So very creative. The sampler included their Blackbeary Wheat, which the hubs doesn't like, so I enjoyed that with my meal. Seeing as I was the one driving, I stuck to just the little sample.

Once we made it home, I had a great Sunday night, summed up in this picture:

A trip to Trader Joes for this week's groceries (and flowers bc the hubs thought I deserved them), yoga class (which was SO hard and further proof that I need to do it more often) and fro-yo for dinner. A perfect ending to the weekend. Even though it didn't really go as planned, it all worked out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment