Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Carbs and Heels

Saturday was super busy! I didn't pay attention to my alarm going off at 7:30 a.m. so I didn't work out. Bad, I know. By the time I did wake up I had to hurry and get ready so we could meet our potential photographer at 10 am. Remember last week's slight panic when we needed to find a new photographer? Thankfully we found one and after meeting with her, we LOVE her attitude, professionalism and work. Whew! After our meeting we had a very special mass to attend- my cousin's Quincenera (a big celebration of a young lady's 15th birthday in Mexican culture). She looked amazing and gave a beautiful speech. We also attended her dinner and dance after the Mass. I was a little worried about straying from my diet during the dinner but we were fortunate enough to have my brother cater the event and he just so happened to make delicious grilled chicken (among many other great dishes). Check out my cousin's cake... My diet is involves carb-cycling. This is a process completely new to me and it is taking some getting used to!! I am a happy camper today because it was High Carb Day!! Do you know what that means??

Chocolate protein oatmeal AND whole wheat toast bread!! I love bread. And yes that is a bite taken out, the walk from the toaster to my desk was too long. After a very long day at the office I went out and bought my competition shoes.


Yep, that's my little pup checking out those crazy tall shoes. The last time I attempted to wear heels she barked and freaked out. I clearly am a little scary in heels. I have to learn to walk in these because they are mandatory. Wearing heels is going to be a huge challenge for me, I'm definitely stepping out of my comfort zone here.

On tonight's dinner menu: shrimp Veracruzana- shrimp cooked with jalepenos, tomato, onion and olives. Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment