Friday, April 1, 2011

Yum Kabobs

The weather lately has been great grilling weather. Wednesday evening we made fish tacos (and again I forgot to take a photo, they're just so delish!) and last night we made some great kabobs. Using a grilling cookbook Jay received from his sister for his birthday, he whipped up a spicy-cilantro-citrus marinade. After letting the thinly cut meat I picked up at the grocery store (buy one get one free, holla!) we chopped up a bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, squash and tomato and let it all grill. I love fresh summer food. This afternoon's snack was a tasty, cold orange.



Do you see the pink inside?? I actually only bought these oranges because I thought it sounded weird to eat a pink orange...and because I was hoping to confuse Jay when he ate one and I wasn't there (which he did wonder whether or not it was a grapefruit or an orange...success!). They were also on sale and fortunately, more flavorful then the other regular oranges I bought a few weeks ago.
In case you were wondering, I did in fact eat each slice of the pink orange just like the above pic.

Tonight we're going to a joint birthday dinner party and we're supposed to bring a fruit or veggie dish- hmm I'd like to bring something a little different than the usual veggie/fruit tray. We'll see what I come up with!

Have a good weekend!! I'm staring my training on Monday so I hope I can relax this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment