Thursday, April 7, 2011

Laundry Run

So far, being 26 is not too bad. I feel pretty old though. I couldn't get myself out of bed this morning (because I only got 6 hours of sleep...) and my wrist hurts. Carpal tunnel? I sure hope not! A lot of people in my office end up with CT because we work on laptops and don't have nice keyboards, but I've only been there 6 weeks, so I'm hoping that's not the case. Also, I know that I hurt it trying to readjust myself in my office chair the other day. Just a weird tweak. But when lot of old ladies have CT I feel old!

Today I went for a really crappy run. I had to make it short because I was doing laundry, so I only had the time it takes for the clothes to wash. But my Garmin wouldn't sync. Then I started running and my pants kept sliding down. And my shirt kept riding up. I stopped to "stretch" more than once because I had to adjust my clothing. And try to pull my underwear out of my butt without everyone noticing. And I had to stop at a million stop lights (I usually run this route early in the morning and there is no traffic to stop for). As I said, crappy run.

But I went out and that's what counts. I'm getting really frustrated with my workout these days...mostly because they aren't happening. I used my new job as an excuse for too long, and now it's just becoming a lame excuse. I should have shattered that race on Sunday, and it totally sucked. So today I printed out a blank calendar and came up with a workout plan.


I wrote everything in pencil so that I can change it as needed without making a huge mess of my pretty calendar, but I mapped out the whole month so that I see what I SHOULD be doing. (and please ignore the fact that I spelled elliptical wrong. It was late in the work day and the 6 hours of sleep was starting to get to me). I usually do really well I lay out a plan for myself, even if it's just for a week, so I'm hoping I can keep up with this for the whole month! And yes, that is yoga on the schedule. I need to work on my core and balance a lot, and can always use a good stretch, so I figure I might as well get myself into it.

Right now the hubs and his bff (although he says boys don't have bffs) are grading papers in the living room and watching No Country for Old Men. Well I feel like an old lady enough as it is, so I've hauled up in the bedroom with my book until I pass out...which will hopefully be really soon! :)


PS - Happy Birthday, Lou! Hope it's been a good one and you had a fantastic celebration, Philippino style!

No comments:

Post a Comment