Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snowed In

Yesterday I had a snow day! I haven't had a snow day since...well I don't even know. High school, probably (going to school in New Mexico doesn't make for many college snow days). The hubs also had the day off, so we spent a great day at home together. This was our view:

snowy car-less road
By the afternoon, when my apartment was cleaner than it has been since before Christmas and I'd run out of things to Google, I trekked out to the gym. I called ahead to make sure they were open, because even though it's only two blocks away, it wasn't a trip I wanted to make if I wasn't going to be let inside. To my surprise, it was PACKED. Obviously there is the influx of January people, but I thought at least some people would be scared away the snow.

Luckily, I was able to get on a good treadmill. Yes, I have favorite treadmills at the gym. I personally do not like the new one (crazy, I know), but they all have TVs attached to them. And the TVs don't turn on unless you plug in your headphones. Well I don't want to listen to TV while I work out, so instead I'm faced with staring at my own reflection for my entire workout. Um, no thanks. There are three (ONLY THREE) non-TVed treadmills at the gym. I like them because I can watch the TV on the far wall if I feel like it, or just enjoy the view of the weight room. I didn't have the most impressive treadmill workout, but it felt good to run. I haven't been running for a few weeks. I got sick right after Christmas and I'd still cough up a storm if I started running, even though spinning and other cardio seemed not to bother me, so I took a break. I didn't cough at all yesterday, so I think I'm in the clear. I'm just afraid that some day soon the gym is going to replace my beloved old treadmills...

No comments:

Post a Comment