Saturday, January 22, 2011

MORE snow

It snowed YET AGAIN in Boston. Don't get me wrong...I love snow. It's so pretty and fun, but at this point, it's getting in the way. All the snow from the last two storms wasn't melted yet, so now we're just piling it up higher and higher. My car is basically parking-spot bound because even if I shovel it out, the alley I park in isn't plowed so getting out is nearly impossible. I put some rock salt around the tires in hopes that I might get it out tomorrow, but we shall see.

This morning was another crazy Saturday with back-to-back classes. Because it's negative degrees in Boston not too many people were at my strength class. Although it means more room, it also means the teacher kicks our asses that much more. "Only the big dogs come out in this weather", he says, as we do yet another set of push-ups...It was brutal. I didn't think I was going to make it through Super Spin afterward, but I forced myself. I was having a pep-talk with myself the ENTIRE class so I wouldn't stop pedaling, but I did it. I won't be able to take the classes next week, so it was all the more reason to just make it happen.

Today I have spent cleaning my apartment and watching Smart People. We've had the Netflix disc for months now (we watch a lot on the Instant Queue, but tend to forget we even got a dvd in the mail), but I haven't watched it because the hubs didn't really care too much to see it. He's out doing man things this afternoon, so I took advantage of the empty apartment, and it was worth the wait. I really liked it. It's definitely a rom-com, but with a much drier sense of humor. Denis Quaid plays a miserable guy and does it SO well, and Ellen Page is pretty much fantastic (Juno? Inception? She's baller). Definitely worth renting!

Now I'm tackling the task or rearranging frames on our living room wall (the hubs now has a fancy Master degree diploma I'm adding to the wall where we proudly display our undergrad degrees), and I'm working on a dinner plan with this stuff...


I'm a little concerned because, as you can see, it's been in the freezer for a while. I'd like to do a nice light pizza tonight....I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment