Monday, January 24, 2011

Baby it's Cold Outside (really really cold)

It's REALLY cold in Boston. I know I'm a big wimp, but I'm not kidding. When I checked the weather this morning, this is what I saw:


It's NEGATIVE degrees outside. According to the news, you can get frostbite in 20-30 minutes in this weather. I mean seriously? Frostbite? I thought that only happened when people got lost in the mountains, or skied all day long without gloves. Apparently not.

Needless to say, I braved the cold to get to work (although it took forever since all the T lines are delayed due to the cold), and it's not to cold in the office. Just to make sure I didn't freeze in the process, my wardrobe includes the following: socks, Uggs, yoga pants, dress pants, two tank tops, a long sleeve shirt, a sweater, a down vest, a fleece-lined winter coat, a scarf, a hat, and mittens. Of course, my nose was cold.

I've got a swim workout on the agenda for tonight...let's hope the pool hasn't frozen over ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment