Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Green Smoothies

This weekend while the hubs was hunting, I got to spend some much needed time with my little sister. After a quick breakfast of blueberry g-f pancakes (recipe coming soon!), we decided to check out the Downtown Artist and Farmers Market.
Perfect Weather, Perfect Weekend

The weather was amazing, I think summer is really close. After trying a few samples and checking out some cool crafts, we decided to finally try something from the Grooovie Smoothie food truck. My sis and I have seen this truck at so many events and have been so curious but a little scared to try it.
Grooovy
We each picked out a smoothie and then had to pick out a base (coconut water, spring water, almond milk, etc.) and an add-in (chia seeds, flax seeds, etc.). We ordered a watermelon and apple-lemonade. The watermelon drink was made up of watermelon, romaine, rainbow chards (which we kept pronouncing as churds...turds hehe) and some more tasty all-natural ingredients; the apple lemonade had apples, lemons, cilantro, sprouts and more. Both drinks were incredible!! We felt so hydrated and energetic all day. I typically try to add spinach or broccoli to my smoothies but this opened my eyes to the greater variety of veggies and herbs that would taste just as great.
Apple Lemonade
The smoothies inspired us to hit up the grocery store on Sunday in search of similar ingredients for our own smoothies. We left the store with watermelons, cucumbers, coconut water and so much more. Here's what I whipped up and enjoyed this morning:

1 Cup Spinach
1 Cup Watermelon
1/4 Cup Cucumber
1/2 Cup Sprouts
8 Ice Cubes
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds

It looks like I drank salsa verde, but it was SO good.

Good Til The Last Drop
I hope your week is starting out great! I have a recipe to share with you later this week as well as an updated list of workouts (tri training is still going on!).

No comments:

Post a Comment