Thursday, January 10, 2013

Back In The Saddle

There is a generous helping of dust on my old blogging brain! I have missed this so much and I look forward to picking it back up!


As Maddie mentioned, things got pretty busy  for us. I moved. I got really busy at work. Oh, and I got hitched! Hopefully there will be a full wedding recap down the road.

 Now that things at home are slowing down I really want to get back to focusing on living healthy every day. And I don’t just mean eating my veggies and hitting the gym. My 2013 goal is to be healthy – mentally, physically and spiritually and the only way to accomplish this is by doing things each day. Here are my 3 very small goals for the week:

1)      Drink more water. Despite my efforts to sip on the old H2O all day, I have found myself feeling lethargic and so dehydrated having only taken in ¼ of the daily requirements. No bueno, amigos. This week I’ve told myself to just drink 3 large glasses of water at my desk, in addition to the water I drink when I get home, with dinner and the cup of hot tea (it counts!) before bed.

2)      Take my vitamins. I am incredibly lazy when it comes to taking my vitamins and I know it. To help me achieve this goal, I’ve packed my work week (small steps, remember?) in a nifty pill case and I keep it in my purse. When I get a hankering for some candy, I just pop my new calcium chewable, a Flintstone vitamin (you’re never too old!) and fish oil. 

3)      Find a Locks of Love salon. I started growing my hair out months ago with the goal to donate it. I enjoy having long hair but there is someone out there who needs this hair so it is time to quite being selfish, cut it and donate it. I’ll report back with my cutting date soon!
 

There you have it – my 3 goals for this week. I’ll update later with my status! 

 

3 comments:

  1. A. My friend Rach is always donating hair, I can ask where she goes if ya want!
    B. I heard the other day that you should drink half your weight in ounces of water a day, so if ya weigh 100 lbs drink 50 ounces. Something I for sure need to work on too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this and thought of your goal.
    http://twistedsifter.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/life-hacks-how-to-make-your-life-easier-8.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great idea, I'm totally going to try it. Thanks for sharing!!

      Delete