Monday, January 9, 2012

2012 (Just a Little Late)

So I know I said last week that I'd be back with an update, and here I am! It just took me a little longer than I anticipated. But what can you expect around here, right? I'm a self-proclaimed slacker. Oh well.

Thus far, 2012 has been a pretty good year. I know we're only 9 days into it, but why not enjoy those good 9 days, right?

I started the year by drinking too much (again, no big surprise here) and then going to the zoo. Yes, I am 26 years old and on my day off from work, I went to the zoo. No big deal. It was awesome. A friend of mine and I really needed an adventure, so off we went! The weather was nice, and Rhode Island is close enough, but far enough, so we spent the day at the Roger Williams Park Zoo. I made a new friend too.




This weekend I went home to see my gma. I had to get some work done on my car (the one thing making 2012 NOT so great), and so the hubs, the siblings, and I piled into the car and drove down. My uncles came down on Saturday night for dinner too, and we played a few rounds of Scattergories. All I have to say is, HILARIOUS. My 9 year old cousin was there, so it stayed pretty clean, but it was still so funny.

Sunday, my brother and sister and I took advantage of YET ANOTHER weekend with awesome weather (keep 'em coming, universe) and went for a walk around our hometown, which is on the water and gorgeous. It was a nice brisk walk, and we chatted about old memories the whole time. And my brother is quite possibly the funniest person alive, so I pretty much laughed the entire time. Great ab workout.


Last night we also all went to a BU hockey game. It was really fun! They played the US Men's Under 18 team, and it was a great game. It ended in a tie, which is fine by me, because how do you really root against a national team?


That's what I've been doing so far in 2012. I've also been working (duh), getting workouts in, and tracking my eating.



2011 turned out to be a pretty rough year for me mentally...adjusting to my new job and the changes it brought to my everyday life, and the last 6 months have not been what I wanted them to be on my journey to a healthier life. I don't generally like New Years Resolutions, but this year I took the changing of the calendar as a new start. I do actually KNOW how to live a healthy life and lose weight, but I wasn't doing it. So now, I'm working back to that. Did I take a couple steps back in my habits and what the scale says? Yes. More than I care to admit (especially on the scale part). But it ends now. I know how to do this, and I am going to. The end.

And to that point...this is supposed to be a blog about eating better food and being fit. So I should probably start doing that. In 2012 I plan to blog A LOT more about my workouts and hopefully a lot more about food. I am NOT a cook by any means, and I don't plan on documenting everything I eat, but hopefully I'll have some good recipes and tips to share!

I'm still trying to decide my fitness goals for the year. I know I want to do at least one tri this year (I think I'll be doing the same one I did last year because my mom is going to do it too!), but I'm thinking a second tri, a 10k, and maybe a 10 miler? It's still in the works because I feel pretty out of shape right now, but as it comes together, it will get posted here!

Here's to a new year, a new attitude, and lots and lots of fun!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment