Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Pumpkin Patch!

I was able to increase my running distance this week by 10% and it felt so good! After being woken up to Jay making me pancakes for breakfast, we set out to conquer the 3.9 miles. The path was mostly uphill and it was so warm outside but I was so happy knowing I was about to run further than I had in months. What a great way to start a day! After a quick shower and taking in a lot of water we set out for a trip to the McCall's Pumpkin Patch. We started our visit with the corn maze (which this year had a Looney Toons theme). I love the numbered "Cornundrums" that you find along the way. Any guesses on the answer to this one?Answer: a lame duck. Maybe not the most clever one out there but still so fun. After running through the maze (there was a small child and his parents that decided instead of working his own way through the maze that he'd wait to watch us go down the wrong paths and just follow us so we HAD to do some running to lose him, we're very mature...) we took the hay ride out to the pumpkin patch and picked up some Jack-O-Lanterns-to-be. We found ourselves sneezing like mad after the hayride, but it was so worth it.

Today I'm resting my sore legs (and ankle) but will be going on a walk later - and by going on a walk I mean going shopping. Hope you had a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment