Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Munchy Mess

I didn't put much thought into my plan for lunch today and that was a huge mistake. I typically plan out my meals in advance so that I'm not faced with this munchy mess but my head was not in the game today. I knew that I was going to eat a piece of fish but I didn't know if I'd eat anything with it, how I'd prepare it or if I'd even need a snack for the afternoon. I ended up eating a small piece of fish and given that it is Wednesday and I eat so late in the afternoon, I was so hungry and the small piece of fish wasn't quite enough. Thanks to some early rotting, we are out of snack veggies so I couldn't turn to my usual serving of broccoli, carrots and cauliflower with a little hummus. I ended up munching on random food and left the house feeling not quite full and upset for eating too much junk. In the effort to feel better, I grabbed a plum on my way out and it was so soft and overly ripe, I didn't finish it. Kind of a bust, right?? Thankfully, I have a nice, healthy dinner planned for tonight so I think that will get me back on track and feeling better. While I cook tonight, I think I'll plan out the rest of my lunches for the week so I don't make the same mistake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment