Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Triple Tangent Tuesday

It's Tuesday again, so I'll follow in tradition with a tangent for you. I'm glad to have something to write about because today was one of those days. I was tired in the morning. I felt weird having to pee in a cup for a stranger. I didn't want to be at work. It was cold at work, and I got bored in my afternoon meeting. I ate too many jelly beans as a result of said boredom in said meeting. I didn't feel like going to the gym. I made mac and cheese for tomorrow's dinner, but ate a dinners worth in the process. I also apparently feel like complaining about how badly I felt today. Good thing it's almost time for bed and I can sleep off this funk!

MOVING RIGHT ALONG. My tangent...

1. My husband and I have been together for 8 years. He invited himself to be my senior prom date and we were both 17 years old when we had our first date. He kissed me outside the pool hall after we saw the second Harry Potter movie. A few weeks later he asked me to be his girlfriend. That's how it was done back in the day. No wondering if we were official or not, or if he liked me or not. I obviously said yes. We made an awesomely awkward high school couple.

I picked an especially awful picture to show you just how cool I was in high school
2. I love made-for-tv movies. Basically anything that could be on ABC Family is right up there on my list of awesome. I most recently watched "Beauty and the Briefcase," with Hilary Duff, but I've also been know to enjoy a throwback Disney movie like Rip Girls or Zenon: Girl of the Twenty First Century. I enjoy that there is always a good moral behind the not so good teenage acting, and I usually end up crying. Clearly I'm way cooler than I was in high school.


3. I'm not too much of a beer drinker, but I love going to breweries. I have been to a few, including the Heineken brewery in Amsterdam, and I can't seem to get enough. I love learning about how the beer is made, and tasting it fresh out of the brewery. The hubs and I make a point to try out brew-pubs or beer fests just to try some fun new stuff. He's much more adventurous when it comes to tasting, but I love it all the same...and tasting glasses are pretty small, so I don't have to worry about finishing a mondo-sized beer I don't like!

quite possibly one of the coolest pictures I've ever taken

Oh hey there bff! :) We did the Coors brewery tour together in Colorado



So that's my tangent for today. Now I'm going to clean up from dinner and pass out. Tomorrow has the potential to be a much better day.

ps- the bff has been away all weekend...in the city where she was supposed to be running the marathon. Here's to hoping she had a good time despite the boot and the not running! Love you, queso! :)
*Disney images from here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment