Friday, January 7, 2011

In Kneed of Positive Thoughts

Good Morning!
First off, thanks so much to the BFF for setting up the awesome design of this blog and for answering my many, many blog related questions. Thank you!!

I was hoping my first blog would be an upbeat, positive one. Instead, I'm asking for you to send some positive thoughts my way.

Last night I was set out to run just over 6 1/2 miles. During the first mile my knee (the one that didn't have surgery) felt sore. Just past a mile into the run I couldn't take it anymore and had to stop. I wanted to just push through it and get my run done but I've finally learned that sometimes fighting through the pain only causes more down the road. In talking to my fiancee about it, we think my knee might be sore from the hilly run I went on last weekend. Maybe my knee needs some rest? Maybe tonight's scheduled couple's sports massage will help loosen the surrounding muscles and in turn help my knee? I forgot my ice pack this morning so I've improvised- I have a ziplock bag full of ice and am now using a rubberband to hold it onto my knee. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the sharp pain on the outside of my knee?




I'm pretty down about this because I'd like to run 16 miles tomorrow morning and enjoy it. I'd also like to still be able to get my revenge on the marathon next month. It has been such a hard fight to regain my motivation to run again and just as I'm finally feeling like my old self, this happens. I hope this isn't permanent and it's something I can get through in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment