Monday, June 6, 2011

I'm Back and June Goals

Yesterday morning I arrived home from Chicago. It was four days of working hard and playing hard. I was on my feet more and drank more since Wednesday than I have in the last three months (well...maybe not exactly, but it sure felt like it!)

I was delayed getting in to Chicago Wednesday night because there were tornadoes in Mass! So scary. They didn't come close to Boston (or the airplane I was stuck sitting on for two hours), but it was very close to my office, so I was worried for the people at my office. The storm was nasty, and we arrive two hours late to Chi-town.

Friday morning was the only time I got any real exercise. I found out that my hotel was just a few blocks from Lake Michigan, so I made my way over to their awesome bike path. I heard about it for the first time after so many bloggers mentioned running there during the Healthy Living Summit, and I couldn't wait to check it out myself. It was amazing! So many people were out and it was a really nice path. I'm not sure exactly how far I went because I couldn't get my Garmin to pick up satelites in the city, so I ran down to the water without turning it on. Then on my way back, I had to run under the highway and that threw everything off again. I think it was just over three miles though! I also wish I had some pictures! I cannot run with things in my hands, so I need to get a fanny pack or something cool like that so that I can run with my camera.

The next few days were kind of a blur. I was at the convention center a lot. I didn't eat for hours at a time (which is NOT how I usually roll), ate really late at night, and found myself drinking the stress of the day away. It was an AMAZING learning experience and I had an great time, but I was ready to come home and get back to my normal habits...like Monday night spin class!


June Goals

In May, I posted a few goals for the month. How did I do? Well, I did great with the first one...I did eat something different everyday for breakfast! It got interesting some days, but I managed to not repeat the same breakfast two days in a row! As for the other two goals...welllllll I didn't do as well. I only went to yoga twice all month. Both classes were great, but it only happened two times. And my TV was low for a while, but has spiked again. I blame it on season finales!

So what about June?

Well, first off, I will be trying again with yoga and TV. I missed the first Sunday yoga class because I was not functioning after getting back from Chicago, but the rest of the Sundays this month, I'm going to try to get to the community class. And I'm going to try with the TV...it's WAY too nice outside to spend it inside on the couch!

And my new goal for the month? Bring back the weights! I miss my strength training class and my defined muscles so much! I know how to fix the problem of sloppy looking muscles, so I need to get at it! It's going to take A LOT more work that I used to have to put in (aka I can't make it to the weight lifting class two times a week anymore, and therefore I may have to lifts weights on my own outside of a class), but I REALLY want my muscles back and better than ever, so let's hope for the best!

Now I'm off to bed. Sorry for the lack of pictures. The only pics I have from Chicago are from the exhibits, and legally I can't post those! Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment